Saturday, July 30, 2016

New Film Review: Lights Out

Image result for lights out

LIGHTS OUT

Directed by David F. Sandberg
Screenplay by Eric Heisserer
Starring: Teresa Palmer; Gabriel Bateman; Maria Bello; and Alexander Dipersia

Rebecca's (Palmer) younger brother Martin (Bateman) starts to see visions that she remembers seeing when she was younger. So now Rebecca has to face her worst fears to solve the puzzle.




Well, I noted when I started this blog I noted you will find me leaning away from horror films. There are many places on the internet you can find horror films, it just is not my thing.
However the reviews were really good for this film so I was sucked in. So here I go...

I can see why the critics like this...I mean you have Teresa Palmer (underrated actress) and Maria Bello in it, with two very good performances as usual.
As for the story:
-I found it scarey/ but strangley (no spoilers here) I found the scarey "Image" "ghost" more annoying then scarey
-I found it dark/also with a very depressing ending.

So.............why do you go/or what do you want out of this film?
Scary scenes that make you jump...It delivers.
A strong story with a haunting backstory...it delivers
Intense scenes.......very much delivers.

So with all that being said...the "ghost' or "Image" seems almost disconnected from the movie. Almost off screen and distant. And then it pops up almost to keep viewers on their toes. It is odd.

3 1/.2 stars for the story and the acting. Just a depressing violent ending.From a non-horror fan.

As always from the shadows thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...