Friday, July 29, 2016

New Film Review: Bad Moms

Image result for bad moms

BAD MOMS
Directed by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore
Screenplay by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore
Starring: Mila Kunis; Kathryn Hahn; Kristen Bell; Christina Applegate; and Jada Pinkett Smith






At the start I was pleasantly surprised by this film. I really thought it was going to be an overstuffed sitcom with a long running time. Boy was I wrong. For some reason I did not notice the MPAA rating. R. Boy did it earn that R. It was not vulgar for just the shock value it was hilariously vulgar.
I laughed so hard at some of the lines and conversations in this movie, words cannot say. As usual no spoilers here.

I can tell you this, the real star of this film is Kathryn Hahn. Yes Mila Kunis is in every scene, but every time Hahn is on screen the movie just shines. There is a great grocery shopping scene. A bathroom scene. A bar scene. Every one of the scenes Hahn steals. Maybe she was suppose to, well then she does her job.

So with all that being said, after a great start, this film stunningly takes a second half turn to a bad sitcom like finish. Soooooo disappointing. What started as a sharp, hilarious film, ends up with a touchy feely lets hug and cry together ending. How corny does it get? I was hoping for some hilarious outtakes during the credits. NO!! I get corny conversations between the stars of the film and their real life moms. UGH!!

What started out as a well acted, and yes it is a well acted film, covering the subject of helicopter moms. Just crashed. It almost sold out in a strange way. 3 out of 5 stars for Bad Moms. A great first half.

As always thanks for your time from the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...