Friday, April 15, 2016

New Film Review: Jungle Book

Image result for jungle book 2016

JUNGLE BOOK

Directed by John Favreau
Screenplay by Justin Marks
Based on the book by Rudyard Kipling
Starring Neil Sethi




Jungle Book You know the story.

This film is gorgeous. Absolutley beautiful!! If you read my other blogs you know I am not a big fan of 3D. I think you lose sharpness and you lose color. However, this film in 3D is fantastic. It shows depth in the deep jungle and height while looking up at trees and cliffs and looking down from trees and cliffs.
The film does not veer to much from the cartoon we all know and love. In fact it is the same plot minus the same ending. It even has Bare Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You (it does not have the March Of The Elephants).
So you know the plot.
Amazingly there is only one actor and that is Sethi as Mowgli. He performs wonderfully against nothing if you think about it. He is by himself against a green screen I am sure. I hear they put him with Bill Murray a couple times but he is not a bear!! The kid is real good and I hope they remember him at Oscar time.
Have to say great voice work by Bill Murray (Baloo); Ben Kingsley (Bagheera); Idris Elba (Shere Kahn); Christopher Walken (King Louie/with a little tip of the cap to the cowbell by the way); Lupita Nyong'O  (Raksha). They do a great job at voicing emotions. With help from wonderful CGI work.
And finally the score by John Debney is fantastic, it sets the tone nonstop through out the film

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!
This film is violent. Death and killing. Scary jungle scenes. I would say 8 and over. If your kids get frightened still by the flying monkeys in The Wizard Of Oz, they will be scared here.

4 out of 5 stars for this Beautiful Jungle Book. I just wished they would have done something different in this remake. Still see it on the big screen!!

From the shadows as usual thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...