Sunday, April 3, 2016

New Film Review: Eye In The Sky

Image result for eye in the sky

EYE IN THE SKY

Directed by Gavin Hood
Screenplay by Guy Hibbert
Starring Helen Mirren; Alan Rickman; Barkhad Abdi; and Aaron Paul




This is a very tense film. The odd thing is you are watching  a film of people watching a screen. It works. It takes that one scene in Sniper when the little boy picks up the weapon, and it expands it into a movie.
The question in this film is basically: Does killing a little girl selling bread have to be a cost of war, if it possibly means saving thousands?

No spoilers here. This film is so tense. The most tense film I have seen since maybe Ex Machina. The difference between the two movies is this is real, and it probably happens more than we know.

Aaron Paul with a fantastic performance. Helen Mirran in maybe her most meatiest role in years. Alan Rickman, tears, his last role and a fine performance. Also a really good performance by Abdi (Captain Phillips), he is the only one not staring at a screen with tension. He is running around being a hero.
A lot of credit has to go to Director Hood and Screenwriter Hibbert. This film should be boring. I mean people are just watching a screen trying to decide what to do. Often not wanting to decide what to do. Hood and Hibbert do a wonderful job making this film work.

A well done film that is tense and heavy.  No spoilers here as always but I wanted to stand up and scream at the girl to MOVE!!!

It may be too real to want to see it again. Edge of your seat excitement, I feel bad for those people who have to make the decision like this day in and day out. 4 out of 5 stars for Eye In The Sky. Did I mention this is tense enough?

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films I Have Watched In The Theaters So Far This Year!!

  Well we are halfway through the year!!  These are in no particular order... Not wasting time here so...lets go.... PROJECT HAIL MARY Based...