Friday, April 22, 2016

New Film Review: The Huntsman And The Winter's War

Image result for the huntsman and winter war

THE HUNTSMAN AND THE WINTER'S WAR

Directed by Cedric Nicolas-Troyan
Screenplay by Evan Spiliotopoulos and Craig Mazin
Starring Chris Hemsworth; Charlize Theron; Jessica Chastain; and Emily Blunt



A prequel to Snow White And The Huntsman.

I was pleasantly surprised by Snow White And The Huntsman. So I came to Winters War with hope.

The cast as you can tell is awesome.
Hemsworth is pretty much playing Thor.
Theron playing Raveena again, and just like in Snow White she is fantastic. She again looks like she is having a blast in this evil part.
Blunt playing against type as the angry Queen Freya is very good.
Jessica Chastain as Sara, playing a bad ass fighter was ....a stretch.

So you have a very good cast what about the screenplay?
The screenplay has many holes. In fact there is one point where, I am not sure, but I think it was no longer a prequel but a sequel. I was lost a bit. The script sometimes feels like they made it up as they went on. Now I am not saying this film is not exciting, it just seemed to be kinda cold like the Ice queen. It has some nice battles but I am getting tired of mortals doing things that are unrealistic on films. Like strange double back flips to kick two bad guys. Really? Especially when it is not necessary. I just feel like I have seen this film before. Or these battles before.

3 stars out of 5 for Huntsman and the Winter's War

It was fun, but oddly forgettable. I would wait for home viewing to see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...