Monday, November 30, 2015

New Film Review: Pixars The Good Dinosaur

Image result for the good dinosaur movie poster 2015

The Good Dinosaur
Directed by Peter Sohn
Screenplay by 7 people



What if the big meteorite missed. Thus begins an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend.

Yes going in I knew that this Pixar film has had a lot of trouble. I mean 7 writers. I hear that at one point they scrapped a storyline and all the artwork and had to start over again. I also knew going in that this Pixar film had the tough job of following in the foot steps of this years Inside Out. I tried to go in however with a fresh look. Just judging the film on its own merits. This film is not bad but it really has many a problem.
Yes you can see that they had an idea boy meets dinosaur but I really don't think they knew where to go with it. It felt like I was watching the same scenes over and over again, Walk attacked walk attacked walk attacked. It became boring a bit. Another problem I did not care for the dinosaur or the boy. I found them both annoying, and like most good Pixar characters you fall in love with them and care about them. Here, not so much. This film just seemed flat and by the way...very violent. Animals are getting eaten constantly it seems like. The film can be scary.
Now I know this film is not meant for me, it is for kids and the kids in the theatre seemed to sit still and enjoy it. So I will push my rating up a notch just for that.... 2 1/2 stars for The Good Dinosaur. A Pixar miss.

As always from the shadows thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...