Wednesday, April 7, 2021

New Film Review: All My Life



ALL MY LIFE

Directed by Marc Meyers
Screenplay by Todd Rosenberg
Starring: Jessica Rothe and Harry Schum Jr


The film (based on a true story) follows a couple, Jenn played by Jessica Rothe and Solomon played by Harry Schumm. as they meet and fall in love. Sadly things take a turn when Sol is diagnosed with liver cancer.

You read the description and you think...well this is a downer I am not watching this. I thought the same thing, so I put it off. I held onto the pass  and waited then on a slow night I went and gave it a shot.

Okay it was a downer, but there is something more there. The film does not lean on death or the illness fully; It leans life and celebration of love and friendships. This kinda surprised me. 

It works because the 2 leads have really good chemistry. It was interesting to see Rothe from the Death Day movies in a different role.

Yes there are tears but this film surprised me...All My Life gets 3 out of 5 stars. This is a movie that critics roll their eyes at because they want you to know how smart they are...I am saying its not great but there is something here worth watching. Celebrate Life/

From the shadows thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...