Saturday, March 25, 2017

New Film Review A United Kingdom

Image result for a united kingdom


A UNITED KINGDOM


Directed by Amma Asante
Screenplay by Guy Hibbert
Based on the book by Susan Williams
Starring David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike









Prince Seretse Khama of Bottswana (Oyelowo) causes an international stir by marrying a white woman from London in the 1940's.


A true story that happens to be the most boring story so far this year on film.


Two wonderful actors. Interesting idea  for a story.  However the story ...well...nothing happens.


Okay maybe some arguing about divorcing a white wife. That was something but that was it.


It looked low budget. It just felt lazy. I also think they thought the story would bring tension but...I do not know if I cared enough about the characters.


Just slow and boring....you could fall asleep while watching this and not miss a thing. And I imagine in real life the tension while this was happening was high. So you have to put this on the screenwriter Hibbert.


1 1/2 stars out of 5 for A United Kingdom. What a disappointment because the trailer sucked me in.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...