Friday, September 25, 2015

New Film Review: Everest

Image result for everest movie

EVEREST
Dirtected by Baltasar Kormakur
Screenplay by William Nicholson and Simon Beaufoy
Starring Jason Clarke; Josh Brolin; Sam Worthington; Emily Watson: Keira Knightley and Jake Gyllenhaal



On the morning of May 10, 1996, climbers from two expeditions start their final ascent toward the summit of Mount Everest, the highest point on Earth. With little warning, a violent storm strikes the mountain, engulfing the adventurers in one of the fiercest blizzards ever encountered by man. Challenged by the harshest conditions imaginable, the teams must endure blistering winds and freezing temperatures in an epic battle to survive against nearly impossible odds.

Exhausting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I was not even climbing!! I was just sitting there with some popcorn!!
Exhausting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a very good film. Hold your breath excitement!! The film puts you right in the mess!!
Lead by director Kormakur and many talented actors, with a fantastic performance by lead actor Jason Clarke. Some like Gyllenhaal and Knightly, who take minor roles in this film, really shine.
I am not going to give up too many spoilers here. The description says it all. However I have to tell you I saw this in 3D. It was fantastic. In fact, from a guy who is not a big 3D fan because I feel it blots out sharp colors, if you plan on seeing this, movie theatre big screen and 3D is a must. The depth it shows is nerve wracking. I do not know if this film will translate well at home on a smaller screen.
Mind you. Yes it is a very hold your breath exciting film, however it is sorta sad and even though I really liked it, I am not sure I will want to see it again. So because of that I drop it down a notch and give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Maybe the most exciting movie so far this year. Did I say exhausting?!

As always from the shadows thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...