Saturday, September 24, 2016

New Film Review: Storks

Image result for storks


STORKS

Directed Nicholas Stoller and Doug Sweetland
Screenplay by Nicholas Stoller
Voices by Storks UGH




Odd. Just odd.

There is a lot wrong here.
First and foremost it totally steals the plot of Ice Age. Blatant theft.
And they stole the idea and it still stinks.

The film is creepy with machines making babies'
With Ty Burrell playing the exact person he plays on Modern Family. ODD!!
Birds with teeth.
One small bird who is there for humor but is not funny at all. Kids were not laughing at this mess either.
This is not good.
The bad people, like Kelsey Grammer's character is bad but I have no idea why. It is just a baby. Settle down. Weird.

Is there anything good?

Well I thought the character Tulip, the lead was interesting, voiced by Katie Crown. She is stuck living this life in an Amazon like warehouse. It is sad and if they just went with the plot to find her home this film may have been interesting. SPOILER: Then an odd ending where they go to her house and they hug her and miss her. Huh? How do they know? Have they met her? Odd!!!

To finish....would kids like it? Maybe but forgettable that is for sure; but parents be ready for uncomfortable questions afterwards.
ODD!!

1 1/2 star out of 5 (Only for Tulip) for this wasted, surprisingly bad film (the trailer sucked me in).
Look up the background on the director and writer Stoller. It is not good. I wish I would have known this before I went to see this mess. He is bad, with a string of bad.

To add to the bad there was a short before this film from the Lego animated films and that was one of the worse shorts I have ever seen.

From the shadows I am sorry for wasting your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...