Friday, March 11, 2016

New Film Review: The Brothers Grimsby

Image result for the brothers grimsby

THE BROTHERS GRIMSBY
Directed by Louis Leterrier
Screenplay: Sacha Baron Cohen; Phil Johnston; and Peter Baynham
Starring: Sacha Baron Cohen and Mark Strong



Two brothers reunite after years apart. One works for MI6. The other is a

Well, this is maybe Cohen's best film. It actually has a beginning and an end.
Still, is the film great no.
Is the film good. Maybe not.
It is a Sacha Baron Cohen movie. It runs people in and out that we recognize like Rebel Wilson and Isla Fisher. It also has over the top gross humor. It is what it is. An over the top elephant scene which makes me wonder what people thought when they read it during the table read.
Often I felt bad for Mark Strong who signed up to play the straight man here.

What works? The story works. There is also some humor that is dry and moves through real quick that had me laughing (His family constantly made me laugh).
2 stars out of 5 for The Brothers Grimsby. If interested wait for home viewing.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...