Sunday, March 20, 2016

New Film Review: The Allegiant Part 1

Image result for allegiant movie

ALLEGIANT PART 1

Directed by Robert Schwentke
Screenplay by Noah Oppenheim; Bill Collage; and Adam Cooper
Based on the book by Veronica Roth
Starring Shailene Woodley; Theo James; Naomi Watts; Octavia Spencer; Ansel Elgort; Miles Teller; and Jeff Daniels



The Divergent Series now takes us beyond the walls of Chicago.

Sooooo many problems and it all starts with Woodley. She is not believable as Tris. As this series moves forward, she now looks bored, and just going through the motions. The casting of her from the beginning (the first film) has been off. There is one scene in which she is running real awkward trying to look badass with a gun, almost stumbling. I laughed out loud. This is not a comedy and I am laughing!! She is a good actress, but this film is just not for her.
Theo James is stiff as a board as Four.
Miles Teller, underused and looking like he wants no part of this series anymore. Regretting signing that contract?!
Now to the awful screenplay. I promise you if you watch this film you will often laugh.
The cliches just seem to role off the actors tongue. Jeff Daniels (what was he thinking). screams NOOOO at one point. I felt so bad I laughed so hard and it was not suppose to be funny, people in the theater looked at me..
I promise you, you can walk away from this movie for an hour and not miss a thing.
Positives? It became a little bit exciting at the end. However there was no clear ending...wawawawaaaaa!!

1 star out of 5 for this series that will not go away.

from the shadows thanks as always for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...