Thursday, February 24, 2022

Uncharted


UNCHARTED


Nathan Drake (Tom Holland),  a, well, pretty much a street hustler, gets recruited by Sully ( Mark Wahlberg)
to look for the missing gold of Magellan.

It is funny that I had 2 screenings in one day. I had Dog, which I was excited top see. I then had Uncarted, which I felt blah about, I did not play the video games, I was just not interested. YET...the opposite happened!! Dog was blah and Uncharted was fun and exciting.

Again, I did not know anything about the video game, yet still this was a fun Indiana Jones type film.
It had heroes, wonderful villains, many exotic location. double crosses. I mean..what fun!!

Positives:
-Tom Holland is a movie star. He is great as the brilliant Nathan Drake.
-Antonio Banderas (Moncada) and Tati Gabrielle (Braddock) are fantastic sinister villains. Always remember these film do not work without great villains and they were wonderful.
-The plot was very Indiana Jones like, running at 2 hours and the film never felt boring.

Negatives:
-I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like Wahlberg sleep walked through the film. It was like he wanted no parts of this lol.
-Holes..(But let's be honest there were holes in all Indiana Jones films)...Like how did they get from point A to B. Or the netting in 60 seconds under...well no spoilers.

Still get past the holes.Grab a bucket of popcorn and enjoy this first film from Sony Playstation Productions and directed by Ruben Fleischer on the big screen!! 4 out of 5 stars for Uncharted!!

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...