Friday, February 11, 2022

Marry Me



MARRY ME


Well I am not going to get into the storyline, I mean it is right there in the trailer slash commercial that has been playing over and over again for months.

What this is, is a high end Hallmark movie. Now you know that to me is not an insult, I love a good Hallmark film. Here, sadly, it may not be as good as a Hallmark film.

The positive is....you go to see a love story, and it delivers....well..a love story. That's what you signed up for and there it is (OH, and the song Love Of My Life is a good song, to bad it will be forgotten by next years Oscars).

Still there is something off about this film, and people are saying Lopez cannot act. Well you did not say that about Hustlers, people were saying she deserved an Oscar Nom for that.
My thoughts? Glad you asked:

- I think Owen Wilson and Lopez did not have much chemistry. I know their character are not suppose to but, they kissed like cold fish and they both seemed stiff around each other. 
-They made a bad decision by pushing Charlies (Wilson) daughter Lou (Played wonderfully by Chloe Coleman) off the screen. She is barely in the film. I think she should have been the heart of the film. Opportunity missed. I think more of a relationship between her and  Kat (Lopez) should be where the heart of the film was. They missed it.

The storyline falls along the same line as a Hallmark film, with problems with 20 minutes left and well no spoiler here.

So there it is, this film is just off. 2 stars out of 5 for Marry Me. I wish I liked it more.

By the way, this was the 2nd movie this week I have seen in the theater with John Bradley(Game Of Throne fame)!! Here he plays Kat's manager and is kind of the life of the film. Twice this week he is very good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...