Thursday, July 4, 2019

New Film Review: The Dead Don't Die

Image result for the dead don't die


THE DEAD DONT DIE


Oh to be fooled by the trailer.
I was fooled.
Not much to say here.
Written and Directed by Jim Jarmusch it is a story of zombies coming back to a small town.
Jarmusch I understand wants to tell us a story about modern day excess. That failed. The movies inside jokes failed. Like one character says he knew what was coming because he read the script....UGH!!! The zombies which were suppose to be funny....I think....were not funny or scary.
This was such an odd film that you could walk away for an half an hour and not miss much.
Positives?
Bill Murray; Adam Driver; and Chloe Sevigny all have great chemistry together.
It is nice to see Tom Waits act again.
But that is about it.


2 stars out of 5 for The Dead Don't Die a big disappointment.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...