Tuesday, August 8, 2017

New release For Home Viewing This Week...Snatched

Image result for snatched


Only one new release this week for home viewing to note.....

SNATCHED
Directed by Jonathan Levine
Screenplay by Kate Dippold
Starring Amy Schumer; Goldie Hawn; Wanda Sykes; Joan Cusack; and Ike Barinholtz





Emily (Schumer) and her mother (Linda) are complete opposites. Which makes for an interesting trip to South America.

This is getting ripped by critics. Plus the faction of people who do not like Amy Schumer's politics. I did not think the film was great. However I do not think it was bad.
Positives:
-The chemistry between Hawn and Schumer is wonderful and I think that pushes the film along.
-Wanda Sykes is really funny here but sadly not given enough to do.
-How great of a comedian is Joan Cusack? Every time she is he on the screen she steals the scene...AND SHE HAS NO LINES!!!!!!!!! Such an underrated actress and comedian. I was reminded of her part in Sixteen Candles while watching this, they are similar parts.
-Now I do not watch the Mindy Project, so I am not that familiar with Ike Barinholtz, but he is hilarious as Jeffery. Every time he says mama I just laughed, just the way he delivered the line is funny.
-I like that it is rated R. Studios are afraid of Rated R comedies these days. Everything does not have to be directed toward kids. There is a market for these type of comedies...I just wish this was smarter. Which leads me toward...........

Yes there is a big Negative:
-The story line and plot is just messy and the film really really asks of you to ignore a lot. Like bad edits (They get from a jail to crawling out a window with no explanation). Like a desk jockey going to South America to save the day....Really? Like time problems, as in getting from point A to B in an impossible same day. It just seemed lazy.

Why do you go see this? To laugh!! Period! You do not expect this to change the world. This film delivers with laughs and with that I give it 2 1/2 stars out of 5 it is funny. I just wish the plot was tighter and cleaner.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...