Friday, March 4, 2022

Cyrano


CYRANO



Too self-conscience of his small stature to woo Roxanne (Haley Bennett), wordsmith Cyrano (Peter Dinklage) helps Christian (Kelvin Harrison Jr) nab her heart through love letters.

Boy...........what a disappointment!!!!!!!

I will give you the positives:
-Kelvin Harrison jr and Haley Bennett are both wonderful and their singing voices are Broadway musical worthy

Well that is all the positives.

Negatives:
-What was Director Joe Wright thinking here???!! What is this. A comedy? A bad musical? A drama love story? No...it is a mess.
-Peter Dinklage cannot sing. He is awful in this part often over acting and he is too old for the part.
-The ending and the war seen done at a low budget made me think I was watching Tragedy Of Macbeth again where they used lighting and fog to obviously save money on the budget and it never looked real. I was expecting Denzel Washington to walk out of the fog.

This was not good. I will stop..I give it 1 1/2 out of 5 just because of Bennett and Harrison Jr. That is it. Skip it.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...