Thursday, February 27, 2020

New Film Review: The Invisible Man

Image result for invisible man 2020

THE INVISIBLE MAN

Cecilia's ex-husband takes his life and leaves her a fortune. However is he really dead???!!

Elisabeth Moss is great!
Elisabeth Moss is great!
Elisabeth Moss is great!
Elisabeth Moss is great!
Elisabeth Moss is great!

Did I happen to tell you that...Elisabeth Moss is great!

If you are a frequent flyer to this rambling, grammatically incorrect, real, anti-critic blog, (you really should be) you will know I am not a horror film guy. So...I went into this with much trepidation.
So?

Well Elisabeth Moss is great!
The film is inexhaustibly... good. I mean...it is not easy to watch some one get harassed for 90 minutes of a 2 hour film. I felt like walking out!! It is difficult!! What kept me there...is...Elisabeth Moss is great!

Other than Elisabeth Moss being great, what else works?

The story by Leigh Whannell actually delivers what people coming to this film actually want...thrills,and tension. Her story, even though is not possible to be invisible, make you really believe. Plus, she does not get into the science of it all, we just want to know it happened and move on.
Casting was spot on with Moss and her best friend James played by Aldis Hodge, they had great chemistry.

Negatives:
I already said a tough watch.
The ending is a little odd...no spoilers here but...at the end you cannot just walkaway from the final incident you have to wait for others.
Holes. Like if you are invisible it does not mean you can walk through walls.
Editing....2 hours is too long...90 minutes is too long too watch someone suffer. Whannell could have left a good amount on the floor.


Still if you go see Invisible Man you know what you are getting into...and it delivers...With Elisabeth Moss being great! I know it is just February and voters have short memories. I know critics are snobs about horror films. However Moss puts on an Oscar worthy over the top performance here.

4 stars out of 5 for the Invisible Man

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...