Wednesday, September 11, 2019

New Film Review: Ready Or Not

Image result for ready or not


READY OR NOT


Okay.....I have to confess...I thought before going into this movie the film starred Margot Robbie. I KNOW!!! This Samara Weaving looks just like her!!!
This film follows Grace (Weaving) as she marries Alex (Mark O'Brien) and becomes part of the wealthy yet crazy Le Domas family.
This film is nutty. Often it follows the frustration of a horror film with the lead doing not so many bright things..like "Come on Grace!! Leave the new hubby...do not worry about him and just get out!".
This film is leans heavily on the shoulders of its lead Weaving who is great here. You care about her, because she comes across as real. Yes she is frightened; but also a fighter. Plus.....often funny in a "What The F@#$#" way.


Quick note: It is good to see Adam Brody back on the screen.


If I had negatives:
-Again the frustration of the lead making really bad decisions
-The end was too open. I mean what do the Police think of this. How does she explain what just happened???!!


It delivers what you came for, it is a thriller, horror and kind of a comedy all in one.
3 stars out of 5 for Ready Or Not. Great job by this Samara Weaving....not Margot Robbie.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...