Friday, September 6, 2019

New Film Review: The Art Of Racing In The Rain

Image result for racing in the rain

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN

This film follows the life of a race car driver Denny Swift. We follow his races; life with his love Eve (Amanda Seyfried); life with their daughter Zoe, all seen through the eyes of his loyal dog Enzo voiced positively wonderful by Kevin Costner.

This is the type of film critics do not like and they sure did not like this one. It has emotion and a corny ending!!! They hate that.

I ate it up. I did read the book years ago, but I forgot most of it, which was good. I watched not knowing what will happen. I enjoyed the film. I am a sucker for a good corny film. This has a good amount of laughter, sadness (not the sadness you think when you see a dog film), and a sweet ending.
It separates itself from...lack of a better phrase...bad over the top corny films by a really interesting screenplay by Mark Bomback and Garth Stein. They Compare life to racing in the rain and when to push forward and when to hold back. It is kind of sweet.
Also it is is well acted by Milo Ventimiglia as Denny and also Seyfried., even thought they are overshadowed by Costner and Enzo. This film just works.

4 stars out of 5 for The Art Of Racing In The Rain. It delivers what you pay for with good performances. I liked it more than I thought I would that is for sure. Bring tissues.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...