Thursday, April 11, 2019

New Film Review: Dumbo

Image result for dumbo


DUMBO


2 stars out of 5


It is a strange movie. Yes I know Tim Burton makes strange films. however it is not strange in a Tim Burton way. It is strange because it is forgettable.
It has a very cute elephant...however with no personality.
It is well acted, often over the top (Michael Keaton), often maybe a little to soft (Colin Farrell), still they are all in.
It is just the story line is forgettable, stretched out from the original animated kind of short. The story is very scattered, all over the place, not slowing down to give much character development. So the ending is suppose to be sweet....but I could care less...I did not know these people very well. I guess I was happy for them.


Then there is many parts that were overly scary for little ones. I often thought ...Who is this made for??!!


It is just flat., with a lead CGI elephant who is just scared and sad.


2 stars for the acting and, I guess, effort. The screenplay just did not help them.


From the shadows as always thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...