Thursday, April 11, 2019

New Post: Shazam

Image result for shazam movie


SHAZAM


3 out of 5 stars


Let me get right to it...


Positives:
-The performances were good:
Zachary Levi as Shazam
Asher Angel as Billy
Jack Dylan Glazer as Freddy may be the best of the bunch. Wow he is so good as a handicapped foster child. Just looking to survive in a tough school.
-I also liked the story line of these foster children, who are not misfits but feel like misfits, bonding together as a family. A family they felt like they never had.
-I thought Mark Strong was pretty good as the bad guy Dr Sivana.


Negatives:
-The story line was a convoluted mess that they seemed to make up as they went on. Often I was wondering what the point of the bad guys were. Plus...I say this often in super hero films. No police???!!
-I know every one is complimenting Levi as Shazam, and yes he is good, but I kind of did not like the character. I found him kind of a jerk. yes I know he was suppose to be mentally young, but I still felt he was not pleasant. He just bothered me.
-The marketing for this film was loose and funny. It is far from it. It is often scary for little ones with throwing people out of windows; to their death; to car crashes of involving family members, to bullies being just mean; to scary monster like characters.


So why 3 stars?
I just love that back story...of the foster home. I liked that in that realm..good vs evil....it works with the good performances.
By the way the city of Philadelphia that I love looks great!!!!!!!!!!!


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...