Sunday, November 11, 2018

New Film Review: The Girl In The Spider's Web



Image result for the girl in the spider's web


THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB


4 OUT OF 5 STARS


I understand that my blinders could be on for this movie.
If you are frequent flyer on my blog you know that the Swedish version of the The Girl series is number 3 on my all time favorite films...
See this.......


http://theshadowsmoviecritic.blogspot.com/2018/01/number-3-out-of-my-20-favorite-films.html


As for this film...it is THE GIRL lite. It is not the Lisbeth Salander that I love...the Salander I love never shows emotions out right. She has really bad social skills, often hilariously so. Is often angry.
Here In The Web...she is just different, not giving too much away...still I have to separate this film from the others and review it for what it is...and this film is a really good as a thriller.
Well acted by Claire Foy as Salander. Also Sverrir Gudnason as Mikael Blomkvist is good in a limited role (Too limited if you ask me). Also this film has two good bad guys/girls played wonderfully by Sylvia Hoeks and Claes Bang. So it works...and again I could have my blinders on here knowing full well there are a couple holes in the script, I still liked it.


So you could do a lot worse so go see it, or better yet watch the trilogy on Netflix then go see it.


As always thanks for your time as always from the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...