Friday, November 2, 2018

New Film Review: BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

Image result for bohemian rhapsody movie release


BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
4 OUT OF 5 STARS


I really liked this film. It was very entertaining filled with many of Queen's hits. Actors, highlighted by Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton, do a wonderful job.
You go to be entertained and you sure are.
Now as for the script, it lacked a bit making the film feel like a shell of a film. It did not dig very deep into the songs and the writing process. It did not dig to deep in to his thoughts and relationships...we just see he has some relationships. We really do not know much about the other members of Queen, and yes I know the film is about Freddie, however they are a very important piece pertaining to who Freddie is.
So I can complain about the film not digging to deep, but in reality it is 2 hours and 15 minutes, it is a long film already. Adding more info would already make the film which is long...longer.  There was a bad decision to include most of their performances from Live-Aid. Cut some of the performances maybe, then add more insight to the script? I often thought while watching...I wonder if they put this in the hands of Cameron Crowe would the film not jump in time so often leaving out a lot of information.
I feel like I am trashing this film, but I really enjoyed it. Like noted before, it is very entertaining and what it did was made me go home and Google the major players and find out what happened to them. So maybe that is a good thing
.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...