Saturday, May 11, 2019

New Film Review: Poms

Image result for poms


POMS


There is not much to say here.
I know it is "Based" on a true story. Diane Keaton plays Martha, a elderly woman struggling with life in her new elderly retirement community.
I felt bad for Diane Keaton while watching this. I worry. Is this the best of the movies she is being offered? The only good thing about this film is Keaton. Other than that it fails at everything:
The Humor falls flat.
The attempt to bring drama or some kind of resistance to the narrative of these older women cheerleading feels false and almost a joke.
I love a good film that gives you the feels....and this film even tried this and it failed.


This film was a disappoint.
1/2 a star out of 5. Front runner here in May..... for the worst film of the year.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films I Have Watched In The Theaters So Far This Year!!

  Well we are halfway through the year!!  These are in no particular order... Not wasting time here so...lets go.... PROJECT HAIL MARY Based...