Saturday, May 11, 2019

New Film Review: Poms

Image result for poms


POMS


There is not much to say here.
I know it is "Based" on a true story. Diane Keaton plays Martha, a elderly woman struggling with life in her new elderly retirement community.
I felt bad for Diane Keaton while watching this. I worry. Is this the best of the movies she is being offered? The only good thing about this film is Keaton. Other than that it fails at everything:
The Humor falls flat.
The attempt to bring drama or some kind of resistance to the narrative of these older women cheerleading feels false and almost a joke.
I love a good film that gives you the feels....and this film even tried this and it failed.


This film was a disappoint.
1/2 a star out of 5. Front runner here in May..... for the worst film of the year.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...