Wednesday, October 24, 2018

New Film Review: COLETTE

Image result for colette 2018


COLETTE
 4 OUT OF 5 STARS


I love it that sometimes I can still go to a screening and still be surprised.


This is a well done; well acted by Keira Knightley and an unrecognizable Dominic West; and an amazing story about one of the great female writers in history.


I really did not know anything about this story...but it has everything...scandal...cheating...love..strong character development...and a hero (Colette). Colette takes place in the late 1800's to early 1900's and you are kinda shocked how she is clearly I woman before her time. You have to cheer her on!!


Weakness...yes it moves slow and it is a bit long... and the ending..I wanted more not just the script of what happened to her.
Still, once it gets going you cant take your eyes of it.


I know it will be hard to catch in the theatre, so if you can not just look for it on home viewing.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...