Thursday, October 18, 2018

New Film Review: Bad Times At The El Royale

Image result for bad times at the el royale


BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE


4 OUT OF 5 STARS


I cannot give spoiler here so it will be short.
This movie is one of the most entertaining films of the year.
A story that keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat.
Great acting by everyone and highlighted by newcomer Cynthia Erivo who steals the film with her acting and voice. I know it will not happen because this is not an "Oscar type film", but she deserves a nomination for supporting actress.
I cannot tell you more but  I can say...crazy shit goes down at the El Royale.
Why not 4 1/2 or 5 stars?
It was a bit long at 2 hours and 21 minutes. Plus the last half hour went from crazy fun, too just mean (however the very very end recovered).
Written and Directed by Drew Goddard...he does a wonderful job. It kinda reminds you of the film The Hateful Eight...in a good way LOL!
It is violent, if you do not mind that find a way to see it!!


From the shadows as always, thanks for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...