Sunday, August 5, 2018

New Film Review: Eighth Grade

Image result for eighth grade

EIGHTH GRADE

4 out of 5 stars

Just so real it is uncomfortable. The film follows Kala as she tackles her last week as an eighth grader.
I loved the character Kala wonderfully played by Elsie Fisher. I think she gives an Oscar worthy performance.
Also a great performance byJosh Hamilton as Kala's father Mark.
Sadly two problems with the film....
There was not much of a story or development here...just a great idea that seems to just lay there. Maybe they needed more time. At just 90 minutes they should have added more to the script.
Still Elise Fisher keeps you watching.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...