Thursday, July 27, 2017

Film Review: War For The Planet Of The Apes

Image result for war for the planet of the apes


War For The Planet Of The Apes
Directed by Matt Reeves
Screenplay by Mark Bomback and Matt Reeves
Based On The book by Pierre Boulle
Starring Woody Harrelson; Amiah Miller; and a bunch of stinking apes





Well....Critics love this movie. I have to tell you I detested this film. I even waited to do this review ....giving myself space to think if I am being fair. Well I gave this film space...I still detested it.
Why?
-Films like this...action films...social films...I need a hero...someone to cheer for. There is no one to cheer for here. You have apes killing soldiers laying on the ground. You have soldiers killing ape babies. They even tried to touch our heart strings with them saving a young girl, Nova...played wonderfully by a Amiah Miller. However....the apes killed her father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is their fault she is alone!!!!!!!
Yes the film looks good and the apes look freakishly real...that saves it from being my worst movie of the year so far. And it has Woody Harrelson.
1 1/2 stars out of 5 ...I hate this movie.


From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...