Sunday, May 14, 2017

New Film Review: Colossal

Image result for colossal


COLOSSAL


Director and Screenwriter Nacho Vigalondo
Starring Anne Hathaway; Jason Sudeikis; and Austin Stowell




I saw this last week and then waited to review to give this film some thought.
Maybe I missed something.
Maybe it is just so deep I have to give it some time.


I gave it some time.....and.....this film is just odd.


Hathaway (Gloria) finds out that the Godzilla like monster in Seoul mirrors her moves. All this is happening after she moved back to her town.
Then we soon find out Sudeikis (Oscar) has the same power as a robot. Oscar is Gloria's childhood friend. We later learn he is an angry asshole.
Then we find out this all manifest from a childhood lightning bolt and a school project.


Points:
-Well points awarded for Vigalondo, just for trying something different. It is nothing you have never seen before that is for sure.
-Points for Hathaway for jumping in to this low budget film which makes no sense. And  she give  a very  good performance. Walking a line between confusion/anger/fear/and kindness.


Negatives?
-I cannot figure out what the heck this was all about. I am going with a M Knight theory they have had these powers since the lightning bolt. But all in all I am just confused.


It is interesting ...I guess...I would give it 1 1/2 stars out of 5 for Colossal...I almost want to see it again for understanding. It may be worth a worth a look when made available for home viewing, just to see if you can figure it out. I will throw in another theory....maybe they are not alive and are ghost!!! Still, like I said. it is a mess, my movies need to be cleaner...cleaner endings.




Well from the shadows as always thanks for your time





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...