Friday, December 18, 2015

New Film Review: Sisters

Image result for sisters movie

SISTERS
Directed by Jason Moore
Screenplay by Paula Pell
Starring Amy Poehler and Tina Fey



Two sisters decide to throw one last house party before their parents sell their family home.

I do not know who Paula Pell is. I looked her up and apparently she is a writer for Saturday Night Live. I really do not understand why Paula Pell is the writer here. You have two wonderful female writers in Poehler and Fey. So not only is Pell guilty of this awful mess...but both Poehler and Fey are just as guilty for not seeing how bad this is and making adjustments.
This film is shockingly bad. Shockingly not funny. Shockingly unrealistic. Shockingly irritating.
Lets watch a bunch of 30..something...40 something adults act annoying and throw a party.
Soooooooooooo many jokes fall flat.
Bright spots? The second time this year John Cena shows up in a comedy (Trainwreck) and gets many a laugh. In this film he gets the only laughs.
This film is really bad and I wanted to walk out half way through. Then out of desperation they try to throw in the I learned to be a good mother card. No!!!
1/2 a star out of 5. Not even worth a look on home video when it comes out.

From the shadows thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...