Friday, August 28, 2020

New Film Review: UNHINGED

Unhinged (2020) - IMDb

UNHINGED
Directed by Derrick Borte
Screenplay by Carl Ellsworth



Unhinged is self explanatory. I mean Russell Crowe is clearly unhinged.
You go to see this film for action and suspense. It delivers. It is nuts how intense this film is. There were many times where I literally ducked. Many times putting my hands to my face to cover my eyes. Many times I jumped. That is what you came for.
Well acted by a growling Russell Crowe. Also perfect casting by the unknown, at least to me, Caren Pistorius who plays Rachel the "Chasey". I also want to mention a wonderful small performance by Jimmi Simpson as Andy, Rachel's son, he is almost the brains of the escape.
Now, yes it is exciting but I have to be real, I mean the script from Carl Ellsworth is not much on a character build, I mean Russell Crowe's character does not even have a name!! We do not even know what happened to him before the film starts! We pick up with Rachel waking up late, we know a divorce is coming, but that is it.
Also, we also have to ignore the many many dumb things Rachel does during the 90 minute film. How many times did I say call the police...call the police...Go To The police.
Then throw in the many many people who died or were injured in the many many car accidents that were not necessary if she just did some smarter things.
Okay I will stop being negative. This film delivered an intense stressful good time in a theater. The film sadly also holds a mirror up as a reflection of our society, individuals who cannot deal when things do not go their way so they fight instead of think.

3 1/2 stars out of 5 for Unhinged. At 90 minutes film does not overstay its welcome and delivers exactly what you purchased a ticket for. Just do not over think it.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...