Friday, August 9, 2019

New Film Review: Midsommar

Image result for midsommar


MIDSOMMAR


A young couple heads to Sweden to visit this fabled festival. Not knowing it is more of a pagan cult.


This will be short. I went to this film after it started getting a strong buzz and word of mouth. If you follow my reviews, this is usually not the type of film I will review or go to. Then throw in that it is done by Ari Aster who did Hereditary which critics liked and I could not stand.
So...critics liked this...and yes there is deep references here I understand...still I could not the people in this film and the stupidity of it all.
Good things:
The performances by Florence Pugh as  Dani and Jack Reynor as Christian.
The look. I mean it is beautiful.
Okay I told you it would be short.
Not a huge fan of this or Aster.

1 1/2 stars for Midsommar. I move on.

From the shadows as always thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films I Have Watched In The Theaters So Far This Year!!

  Well we are halfway through the year!!  These are in no particular order... Not wasting time here so...lets go.... PROJECT HAIL MARY Based...