Tuesday, February 27, 2024

THE TOP 5 WORST FILMS OF 2023

 I am back from the beyond. Just 12 days away from the Oscars, I have to finish out 2023, with my top 10 of the year and the annual Shadow Awards and my Oscar picks! However, let's start with the 5 worst films of 2023!!! Settle down, stop, stop, I know it is exciting.

5


HYPNOTIC

Directed by Robert Rodriguez
The story line is a mess, and seems to be made up as it went on.
Ben Affleck plays Danny Rourke, a man trying to find his daughter. He enters a mind bending , I guess trip, messing with time. So mind bending that the viewer gets lost and ends up not caring. The ending is supposed to be a twist but at that point...I was lost and wanted to leave the theater. It tries to be clever, yet, a mess.
Number 5 worst is Hypnotic


4


FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S

The whole film makes no sense. Mike, Josh Hutcherson, desperate for money, takes a job as security guard at Freddy's.  Freddy's is like a Chuckie Cheese.
Why does this building need security, it has been closed for years? 
Then the script becomes messy:
Things are happening in his home
Things are happening in his car.
Things are happening at Freddy's
All surrounding these robotic characters like Chuckie Cheese.

Is it a horror film? I don't know. I just kept thinking, burn the place down solve the problems, move on. Find another job, end the movie. 
I was annoyed the whole time watching this. It made no sense: the main character Mike and his daughter annoyed me by their stupid actions. Then the twist at the end was no surprise at all to me.

I know this is based on a video game series and novel series by Scott Cawthon.. It should have just stayed there.
Number 4 worst film Five Nights At Freddy's


3


TRANSFORMERS RISE OF THE BEAST

I am fully aware that this type of movie was not made for me. However in my defense I really liked the last Transformers movie.
This film was oddly slow to develop, and I really had trouble caring. The Storyline was messy, so were the special effects. It was just a waste of time. They have to kill the franchise for sure.


2



WHAT HAPPENS LATER

I was so excited to see this!! David Duchovny and Meg Ryan. Written by Meg Ryan! Directed by Meg Ryan! She knows rom-coms! She knows Comedy. Two former partners snowed in at the airport! It had to be good.
Oh my goodness. This was so bad:
-No laughs
-Odd background. A really odd background. There is no one else snowed in at the airport? No one?(could not afford extras?) Jumped on a motor vehicle to ride in the airport? There are cameras everywhere and no one stops them. 
-Both characters are not likable.

This was a miserable time in the theater. Avoid this film at all cost.

Number 2 worst film of the year What Happens Later.


And now we come to the number 1 worst film of the year. A late in the year entry!

1


AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM

Soooo Bad-

-Everyone in this film looked almost embarrassed and were just reading their lines, including Jason Momoa.
-The green screen work was just plain awful!! Halfway through the film I remembered that they were supposed to be under the water lol, it looked so bad. The whole film looks like it was filmed on the same sound stage with a bad green screen.
Going in I kinda felt bad for Amber Heard. I think she paid the price in the courtroom for her discretion's. She has every right to earn a living. Then, after seeing the film, I think they did her a favor by leaving most of her parts on the cutting room floor. Stay far away from this mess of a film.

So taking the crown of worst film of the year from last years EASTER SUNDAY, I give you the worst film of the year, a late entry AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM!!!

Stay tuned for my top ten films of 2023...coming up soon

As always from the shadows thanks for your time.














No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top 5 Films (And Recommended) Of 2024 At Six Months

Top 5 films that I have seen in the first 6 months of the year and maybe a book and album recommendation!!! Well let me get started...in no ...